The Living Room is a comfortable venue for everyday life, with decor unlike any other. Check out our photos to see what we mean — and our space is evolving all the time! Our aesthetic is focused on organic + geometric shapes … inspired by greenhouses + the work of mathematical artist MC Escher.
We host personal and professional events: workshops, offsites, classes, weddings + receptions, meetings, screenings, popups, bridal + baby showers, parties, filmings, conferences… pretty much any event you can imagine that works in our venue size and aesthetic.
Our 1,500 sq ft venue comfortably seating 45+ at tables, 60+ as an audience, and 90+ standing. Click here to see our pricing, which includes the amenities listed below.
- a kitchenette with plenty of counter space and full-size fridge, + blender, toaster, microwave, crock pots, electric burners, and a coffee machine setup,
- vintage upright piano,
- up to 3 living room areas in various configurations or 2 living rooms + 1 food area,
- mobile standing whiteboards,
- a projector with 108″ portable screen + a 60″ plasma TV
- 60 stackable chairs + 12 tables of varying sizes for dining/catering/display with optional table settings,
- and a bluetooth-enabled surround-sound speaker system.
We do not have ANY nonsense vendor-requirements or restrictions on catering/open-bar.
TLR is located at 2423 W North Avenue in the Bucktown/Humboldt Park WOW district (“West of Western”), in between two blue line stops (Damen and Western) and off two major bus lines (Western and North Ave). Ample (free!) parking along North Ave and side streets + we can arrange use of a large lot across the street if need be.