The Living Room is a comfortable venue for everyday life — a space for living. Our aesthetic is focused on organic + geometric shapes, inspired by greenhouses and the work of mathematical artist MC Escher.
We host personal and professional events: workshops, offsites, classes, intimate weddings + receptions, meetings, screenings, popups, bridal + baby showers, concerts + dance parties, film productions, conferences + seminars… pretty much any event you can imagine that works in our venue size and aesthetic.
Our 1,500 sq ft venue comfortably seats 45+ at tables, 60+ as an audience, and 75+ standing. **Click here to see our pricing** — which includes the standard amenities listed below.
- A kitchenette+island with plenty of counter space and full-size fridge, + blender, toaster, microwave, crock pots, electric burners, and a coffee machine setup,
- Vintage upright piano,
- Up to 3 living room areas in various configurations or 2 living rooms + 1 food area,
- Mobile standing whiteboards,
- A projector with 108″ portable screen + a 60″ plasma TV
- 70 stackable chairs + 10 tables of varying sizes for dining/catering/display with optional table settings,
- And a bluetooth-enabled surround-sound speaker system.
We are free of ALL nonsense vendor-requirements or restrictions on catering/open-bar. BYOB and BYOC! All vendors welcome!
- Bartending: typically $50/hour per bartender, no tips
- Appetizers/hors d’oeuvres, or dessert bites: ~$3-10/person
- Pre-determined cocktail open bar (hard liquor, mixers, garnishes): ~$5-15/person
- Wine and beer service for open bar: ~$5-15/person
- Specialty event cocktail add-on when using bartender: ~$5-10/person
- Event planning services (theme, catering, drinks, activities, etc.): $75/hr + estimated in advance
- Decor planning + production (example: cake toppers, centerpieces, floral arrangements, takehomes/goodie bags, etc.): $75/hr + materials, and estimated in advance
- Furniture removal + reinstatement above and beyond what’s included in standard rental fees: $50/hr
- Props/decor removal (ex. clearing off all default objects from surfaces and shelving): $50/hr
- Full table settings for a sit-down dinner (dinner plate, salad plate, bowl, water glass, wine glass, etc.), TBD based on needs
- Additional tables, dining chairs, etc. beyond what TLR owns (rented or purchased), TBD based on needs
TLR is located at 2423 W North Avenue in the Bucktown/Humboldt Park WOW district (“West of Western”), in between two blue line stops (Damen and Western) and off two major bus lines (Western and North Ave). Ample (free!) parking along North Ave and side streets + we can arrange use of a large lot across the street if need be.