The Living Room is a comfortable venue for everyday life — a space for living. Our aesthetic is focused on organic + geometric shapes, inspired by greenhouses and the work of mathematical artist MC Escher.
We host personal and professional events: workshops, offsites, classes, intimate weddings + receptions, meetings, screenings, popups, bridal + baby showers, concerts + dance parties, film productions, conferences + seminars… pretty much any event you can imagine that works in our venue size and aesthetic.
Our 1,500 sq ft venue comfortably seats 30+ at tables, 50+ as an audience, and 75 standing. We shine as a cocktail/reception-style venue. **Click here to see our pricing** — which include the standard amenities listed below.
- A kitchenette+island with plenty of counter space and full-size fridge, + blender, toaster, microwave, crock pots, warming plates, serving platters/utensils, wine & cocktail glasses, and a coffee/tea setup,
- Vintage upright piano,
- Up to 3 living room areas in various configurations or 2 living rooms + 1 food area,
- Mobile standing whiteboards,
- A projector with 108″ portable screen + a 60″ plasma TV
- (70) stackable chairs + (6) dining-height tables of varying sizes for dining/catering/display,
- (4) “highboy” (pub height) cocktail tables,
- And a bluetooth-enabled surround-sound speaker system.
We are BYOB and BYOC! All vendors welcome!
Looking for our House Rules? Click here.
TLR is located at 2423 W North Avenue in the Bucktown/Humboldt Park WOW district (“West of Western”), in between two blue line stops (Damen and Western) and off two major bus lines (Western and North Ave). Ample (free!) parking along North Ave and side streets.
Bartending, event planning, etc. Read more here.