Our pricing is based on supply/demand, when and how you pay, and what amenities & extras you need. All rentals (except the flat-rate 8am-5pm buyout, see below) include a free 60 min grace period — 30 min scheduled before AND after your reservation time — toward setup and take-down. If you need more than 30 minutes to bring in supplies and setup, please plan accordingly with your reservation time!
We are available for rentals from 7am until 12am mignight.
Includes access to all amenities; setup fee may be required (see below)
Weekends (Fri after 5, Saturday/Sunday 8am-midnight)
- 4 hr minimum (i.e. 4hrs = 3-3.5hr long event with ample setup time beforehand).
- Weddings must plan for at least 2 extra hours buffering (an hour before/after) the reservation time allocated for their reception (i.e. book 5pm-12am if actual wedding is 6pm-11pm), and add $50 if wedding has both a ceremony and reception back-to-back.
Daytime Mon-Fri (7am to 5pm)
- 3 hr minimum (i.e. 4hrs = 3-3.5hr long event with ample setup time beforehand).
- Mon-Fri WEEKDAY Buyout (8am-5pm): $750 flat, inclusive of setup/cleaning fees and setup/exit time (enter 8am, leave 5pm).
Weeknights Mon-Th (5pm and onward)
- 2 hour minimum
- $100/hr for 2-5 hours,
- or $75/hr if event is 6 or more hours long, or recurring
- $50 per event, but only if you plan to move furniture items around from the “standard layout” (demonstrated at your site visit) or add significant furniture or decor.
- Decorations must be approved in advance.
- $50 per event for events fewer than 50 guests;
- $100 if event will have more than 5 children aged 16 or younger, include more than 50 guests, and/or is a wedding;
- $150 if event will have more than 15 children aged 16 or younger,
- waived for Mon-Fri daytime buyout.
Credit Card on File (in case of damages) **if an event will exceed 50 guests, take place during/after 9pm, involve more than 5 children aged 16 or younger, and/or include outside decorations.**
- Weekend/weekday events shorter than 5 hours or weeknight events of any length, must pay their balance up front to secure their date;
- Events 5 hours or longer, booked 30 days or less in advance of event date, must pay their balance up front to secure their date;
- Events 5 hours or longer, weekdays and weekends only/weeknights excluded, booked more than 30 days in advance of event date, may:
a. Take a 10% discount for paying up front with a non-credit card payment method (Quickpay, Zelle, Venmo, etc.);
b. or otherwise put 50% down as a rental deposit. 25% is due 30 days from the event date, and the remaining 25% is due no later than the day PRIOR to the event.
While our smaller event prices and rental-deposits are nonrefundable, they ARE transferable — meaning in the event of cancellation, the amount is credited to your account for a new, mutually-agreed-upon reservation date… or you can transfer that credit to another host.
For events booking 5 hours or more booking 30+ days in advance (on a weekend; weekdays and weeknights are excluded), we offer a 5% discount if you pay in cash/Venmo/Apple Pay/Zelle/ChasePay, and 5% if you pay your entire hour-based rental fee (nonrefundable; in lieu of reservation-deposit) up front — that’s an easy 10% total discount! These discounts apply to the rates listed above, but not the prep/cleaning fee, any extras, or any post-event damage fees incurred.
We also offer an additional 10% discount for NFPs, social enterprise companies/initiatives, women-, veteran-, LGBTQ-, PWD- or POC-owned companies/work endeavors, CPS teachers leading work/related events, and neighborhood/community groups. Eligibility for this discount is given at TLR’s discretion and an event must be a minimum of 4 hours long to qualify. None of these discounts may be used for “personal” events.
- Quickpay: marcy at polymathic dot me
- Zelle: k.vermill at gmail dot com
- Venmo: @TLRChicago
- ApplePay cash: (number upon signing)
Other methods available upon request. Credit cards require a 3% extra fee.
TLR has a referral program for event planners, wedding planners, conference organizers, and anyone else who may find themselves frequently introducing clients/friends to the TLR space. This program includes a special discount for the referring party’s client, and a kickback for the referrer. For more information please email Marcy!
- Furniture removal + reinstatement above and beyond what’s included in standard rental fees/setup fee: $50/hr
- Props/decor removal (ex. clearing off all default objects from surfaces and shelving): $50/hr
- Additional tables, dining chairs, etc. beyond what TLR owns (rented or purchased), TBD based on needs