Here is what is standard on our invoices!
“In executing this event, the client (you!) accepts responsibility for the actions of themselves/guests during time spent at TLR: The Living Room, a venue owned by Caprillion Holdings, Inc.
Clients with events shorter than 4 hours must pay their balance up front to secure their date. Events 4 hours or longer may choose to take available discounts by paying up front and/or in cash, or they may put 50% down secured by a rental deposit, and then pay the balance in full PRIOR to the day of their event.
Clients may be asked to provide a security deposit or a credit card on file if their event will exceed 50 guests, take place during/after 9pm, and/or include plentiful outside decorations.
In the event that damage or excess cleaning does occur/is needed, and/or the security deposit or credit card on file does not cover all costs, the client will be billed accordingly, with payment due within 7 days by credit card, Venmo, or Zelle/Quickpay (or similar).
If there are no damages etc. and TLR is holding a security deposit, it shall be promptly returned to the client after their event is complete — and if there’s a card on file, at that time it shall be deleted from the system. TLR will never charge a card on file or remove security deposit funds without first invoicing the client.
In addition to accepting our damage policy, the client agrees to:
- NOT sell alcohol to guests (must be bundled with a ticket, or given freely) as TLR does NOT have a liquor sale license;
1b) NOT give alcohol to minors; 1c) NOT take open alcohol outside onto city property;
- receive approval for all outside decorations, and to NOT use glitter, confetti, etc. General balloons on strings are fine (please pop them on site and dispose of them or take them with you, do not release outside!), but no loose/un-tethered balloons.
- NOT bring in outside sound systems or microphones (unless pre-approved for DJ equipment) + keep overall noise/music (as shown on Sound Level Meter device) at/under 90 decibels;
- NOT exceed 75 guests at any time;
- NOT go into the TLR back rooms (marked “private: do not enter”) or backyard unless there is a clear emergency;
- NOT move furniture or decor without first receiving permission (we can move stuff for you!) + return all moved items to whence they came,
- wash all dishes used and leave in the dish-drainer (please leave them to dry and do NOT put them away),
- leave trash bags & recycling in designated areas + flatten cardboard boxes before wrapping up,
- lock the deadbolt on TLR’s door before exiting, leaving key through mailslot or lockbox;
- abide by any House Rules & Checkout List received by/before the day of the event (which may replace/update terms in this invoice).
In general, we at TLR expect reasonable, common-sense behavior from our hosts/their guests, and they should expect the same from us!
Marcy Capron Vermillion + Keith Vermillion
Co-Owners, Caprillion Holdings Inc d/b/a The Living Room”