Here is what is standard on our invoices/agreement! House rules are toward the bottom.
“The Living Room (“TLR”) is an event venue operated by Caprillion Holdings, Inc.
In signing this invoice, the client “FIRSTNAME LASTNAME/COMPANY NAME” accepts responsibility for the actions of (—)self and guests during time spent at TLR, including abiding by all policies outlined below.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Unless otherwise noted in the above invoice, pricing is as stated below:
Weekends (Fri-Sun), and Daytime Mon-Th
⋅⋅⋅1. Fri-Sun $125/hr, 4 hour minimum;
⋅⋅⋅2. Daytime Mon-Th $125/hr, 3 hour minimum;
⋅⋅⋅3. Weddings …
⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅a. must plan for at least 2 extra hours buffering before/after the reservation time allocated for their reception;
⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅b. and add $50 if wedding has both a ceremony and reception back-to-back.
Weeknights Mon-Th (4pm and onward)
⋅⋅⋅1. 2 hour minimum;
⋅⋅⋅2. $100/hr for 2-4 hours;
⋅⋅⋅3. or $75/hr if event is 5+ hours long or recurring
Setup Fee, If Applicable
⋅⋅⋅1. $50 per event, if there are plans to move furniture items around from the “standard layout” (demonstrated at site visit) or add either TLR’s tables/chairs or rented furniture.
⋅⋅⋅2. Additional requests, at TLR’s discretion, can be executed for $50/hr.
Optional BYOB Bartending
⋅⋅⋅1. $50/hour, paid up front. Nonrefundable.
⋅⋅⋅2. Mon-Th, 2 hour minimum
⋅⋅⋅3. Fri-Sun, 4 hour minimum
⋅⋅⋅1. $50 per event for events fewer than 50 guests;
⋅⋅⋅2. $100 if event will have more than 5 children aged 16 or younger, include more than 50 guests, and/or is a wedding.
⋅⋅⋅3. $150 if event will have more than 15 children aged 16 or younger.
Credit Card on File (in case of damages)
⋅⋅⋅If an event will exceed 50 guests, take place during/after 9pm, involve more than 5 children aged 12 or younger, and/or include outside decorations, a credit card will need to be put on file.
⋅⋅⋅1. Clients with events *shorter than 5 hours* must pay their balance up front to secure their date;
⋅⋅⋅2. Clients with events 5 hours or longer, *booked 30 days or less* in advance of event date, must pay their balance up front to secure their date;
⋅⋅⋅3. Clients with events 5 hours or longer, booked *more than 30 days in advance* of event date, may:
⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅a. Take a 10% discount for paying up front with a non-credit card payment method (Quickpay, Zelle, Venmo, etc.);
⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅b. or otherwise put 50% down as a rental deposit. 25% is due 30 days from the event date, and the remaining 25% is due no later than the day PRIOR to the event.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
1. All deposits/fees are nonrefundable;
2. Events canceled more than 30 days in advance of event date may be rescheduled using existing deposits, for a mutually-agreed upon future date;
3. Last-minute cancellations on off-peak days/time may rescheduled on a case-by-case basis, exclusively at the discretion of TLR;
4. Alternately, any paid deposits/fees can be transferred to another host for use.
DAMAGES AND EXCESS CLEANING
1. In the event that damage or excess cleaning does occur/is needed, if a credit card is on file, the client will be invoiced and the card charged;
2. If no credit card is on file or the card does not cover all costs, the client will be invoiced accordingly, with payment due within 7 days by credit card, Venmo, or Zelle/Quickpay (or similar);
3. If there are no damages etc. and a credit card is on file, it shall be deleted from the system;
4. TLR will never charge a card on file without first invoicing the client.
TLR reserves the right to stop any event at any time (temporarily or permanently) if the overall sound exceeds 85 decibels. TLR is located below residential units, thus our sound policies are strict.
In addition to accepting our damage policy, THE CLIENT AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1a. Do NOT sell alcohol to guests (any alcoholic drinks must be bundled with a pre-purchased ticket, or given freely) as TLR does NOT have a liquor sale license and is BYOB;
⋅⋅⋅1b. Do NOT give alcohol to minors;
⋅⋅⋅1c. Do NOT take open alcohol outside onto city property;
2a. ALL outside decorations must be approved, and NO use of glitter, confetti, etc. is allowed.
⋅⋅⋅2b. General balloons on strings are fine, however please pop them on site and dispose of them or take them with you, do NOT release outside;
⋅⋅⋅2c. NO loose/un-tethered balloons.
3a. Do NOT bring in outside sound systems or microphones (unless pre-approved for DJ equipment);
3b. Overall noise/music (as shown on Sound Level Meter device) must be kept BELOW 85 decibels;
4. Do NOT exceed 75 guests at any time;
5. Do NOT go into the TLR back rooms (marked “private: do not enter”) or backyard unless there is an *inarguably clear emergency*;
6. Do NOT move furniture or decor without first receiving permission (we can move stuff for you!), and return all moved items to whence they came;
7. PLEASE wash all TLR dishes used and leave them in the dish-drainer (please leave them to dry and do NOT put them away);
8. PLEASE leave trash bags & recycling in designated areas + flatten cardboard boxes before wrapping up;
9. PLEASE lock the deadbolt on TLR’s door before exiting, leaving the keys through the mail-slot or in the lockbox;
10. Lastly, PLEASE abide by any House Rules & Checkout List received by/before the day of the event (which may replace/update terms in this invoice).
In general, we at TLR expect reasonable, common-sense behavior from our hosts/their guests, and they should expect the same from us!
By signing here, Client agrees to all terms written herein:
FIRSTNAME LASTNAME (Client)
Marcy Capron Vermillion + Keith Vermillion
Co-Owners, Caprillion Holdings Inc d/b/a The Living Room”